Looking for an easy vegetable side for your next meal for yourself, an older adult or the whole household? These roasted heirloom balsamic carrots are simple to make and pair deliciously with almost any dish.
Carrots are a great, staple vegetable for seniors. They’re rich in antioxidants like vitamin A, which promotes healthy vision and immune system function. And purple carrots are rich in antioxidants known as anthocyanins, which can help fight oxidative stress. Eating tri-colored carrots, like the ones used in this recipe, can help incorporate a wider range of nutrients in a dish.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 dozen tri-colored carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar glaze
- Dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss carrots with olive oil and garlic powder.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until carrots are tender when poked with a fork.
- To serve drizzle with balsamic glaze and parsley.
Per serving *: 340 calories; fat 9g; saturated fat 1.5g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 100mg; carbohydrate 52g; fiber 5g; total sugars 4g; added sugars 0g; protein 17g; calcium 22%DV; iron 29%DV; potassium 13%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may happen due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.