Write for Seasons
Combine your passion for news and current events with a desire to help millions navigate the confusing and often bewildering world of caregiving. Seasons is proud to work with amazing writers and content specialists across the U.S., and we’re always on the lookout for skilled U.S.-based freelance writers to craft timely and relevant articles. The ideal writers to join the Seasons team should have previous experience as reporters or freelance writers at established publications and be comfortable accepting feedback and direction from an editor.
- Past writing, reporting and interview experience
- Strong writing and communication skills, and an ability to understand and explain complex subjects for a general audience
- Quick turnaround on assignments and edits
- Ability to submit ready-to-publish copy
- Familiarity with AP style
- Talent to write with authority and expertise
Interested applicants should submit 3-5 relevant writing samples from published media sources. Seasons pays a per-word rate for published work, which is negotiated based on experience and skill level.
Note: Seasons does not accept unsolicited articles or guest posts and will not respond to submissions or inquiries that include these.
Apply to be a Seasons freelance writer
Submit a personal caregiving essay for our site—especially stories of real caregivers and the older adults for whom they care.
We want stories about your challenges and your triumphs, sadness and joy, the miraculous and the mundane. Caregiving and the aging process can be overwhelming, isolating and even scary at times; yet, these same experiences can also be deeply rewarding. They can also be helpful and empowering when shared with others who face a similar role.
Ready to share your personal essay with our readers? Keep in mind submitted content should meet some specific criteria:
Read an example
- Essays should be 400 to 800 words in length.
- Submissions should be written in first person (“I” and “me”).
- Essays should be only narrative nonfiction. We will not accept editorial/opinion pieces, fiction or poetry.
- Content should be 100% original.
- A photo of you and your care recipient is preferred (but not required).
Other important information
- Seasons is unfortunately unable to give individual feedback on submissions.
- Read other content on the site to get a clearer sense of our audience and tone.
- Accepted submissions will be published at the discretion of the editorial staff.
- Published essays may also be promoted on the Seasons social media channels.
- Accepted essays may be edited for length, content and style.
- We pay $75 for each published essay.