Turkey for breakfast? Absolutely! A protein-rich meal is one of the best ways to start the day, especially for seniors, as protein helps keep you full throughout the day and also helps maintain muscle. This Thanksgiving breakfast bake is loaded with protein from eggs and turkey.
This dish is perfect for seniors due to its rich protein content, suitable texture for most chewing needs, and ease of preparation. Breakfast bakes of any kind are a great caregiver or senior dish because they save time. They can be baked once a week and served as a quick microwavable meal for many days!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, diced
- 1 handful spinach
- 12 eggs
- 1 ½ cup cooked turkey, shredded
- ¼ cup milk or non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pan, saute onions with oil until translucent.
- Add peppers to onions and saute until soft.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove vegetables from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack eggs and whisk.
- Add turkey, milk, sauteed vegetables and spices to eggs. Mix.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased 7×11-inch baking dish and cook for 45 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!