For an easy weeknight dinner, reach for this maple-glazed chicken breast and rosemary recipe. With a sweet and savory marinade, this chicken dish is full of flavor and is a simple way to create a meal that delivers a punch. To create a complete meal for seniors, pair this dish with a healthy starch like roasted potatoes or brown rice, along with a vegetable like roasted asparagus.
Prep time: 1 day marinade
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, syrup, oil, garlic, lemon juice and rosemary.
- Place the chicken in a large one-gallon plastic bag and pour in the maple syrup sauce. Zip close the bag and massage sauce into the chicken.
- Refrigerate the chicken overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the chicken in a glass baking dish for 25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 F.
Per serving*: 250 calories; fat 11g; saturated fat 2g; cholesterol 60mg; sodium 500mg; carbohydrate 14g; fiber 0g; total sugars 12g; added sugars 12g; protein 22g; calcium 2%DV; iron 7%DV; potassium 5%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may happen due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.