When you’re looking for a snack or breakfast for your loved one that’s packed with nutrition but also simple to make, look no further than a yogurt parfait. This delicious snack only takes a few minutes to compile and requires virtually no prep—making it easy for a senior to prepare themselves or a caregiver to whip up quickly.
When picking out a yogurt to purchase, keep in mind a few rules of thumb:
- If possible, reach for Greek yogurt. This type of yogurt is much higher in protein than traditional yogurt, making it a more nutritious and well-rounded snack.
- Choose plain Greek yogurt when possible. Many flavored, sweetened yogurts contain high quantities of added sugar, which should be limited.
- Have a lactose-intolerant senior? Many great dairy-free yogurts are now available.
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon granola
- Fill a bowl or cup with about ¾ cup yogurt.
- Layer half of the fruit and granola on top of yogurt.
- Spoon remaining yogurt on top of fruit.
- Layer remaining fruit and granola on top of yogurt and enjoy!