What’s packed with antioxidants, fiber and vitamins? Pomegranate seeds! These seasonal and tasty bites are quite literally bursting with flavor. In this roasted cauliflower dish, pomegranate seeds offer a delicate sweetness to complement the neutral and earthy flavors of the cauliflower.
For seniors, this dish is an amazing, plant-forward holiday side dish. It’s a great option for a senior managing diabetes due to the lower carbohydrate content or any senior looking to boost their antioxidant content!
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt and cauliflower. Toss until cauliflower is coated in the oil.
- Spread cauliflower onto a large sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, combine the yogurt, lemon juice and honey.
- Remove cauliflower from oven, top with pomegranate seeds, yogurt sauce and parsley.
Per serving*: 80 calories; fat 4g; saturated fat 1g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 320mg; carbohydrate 9g; fiber 2g; total sugars 5g; added sugars 1.5g; protein 4g; calcium 3%DV; iron 6%DV; potassium 3%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may happen due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.