An excellent protein source and a great way for seniors to enjoy healthy fats, salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that are known to promote heart health. Omega-3s are also associated with brain health and eye health, making these fats a critical nutrient for the aging population. This mouthwatering dish is perfect for almost any senior, but is especially great for those with cardiovascular concerns.
Most fish are excellent contributors to a healthy diet. In fact, the FDA’s Dietary Guidelines recommend consuming eight ounces of fish per week, which is about two to three servings per week.
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 filets of salmon
- 2 teaspoons shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine oil, dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl, and spread atop salmon filets.
- Divide pistachios on top of each filet, and gently press pistachios into salmon so they stick.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and enjoy!