Combine pan-seared chicken, savory cheese and sun-dried tomatoes for the perfect home-cooked dinner. Seniors will love this dish for its classic flavors that are reminiscent of rich, traditional cooking.
The recipe makes up to four servings, but could also be a perfect option to make and have leftovers for the senior you’re caring for. Pair marry me chicken with whole grain noodles or even serve the dish over rice for a delicious dinner.
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, halved longways
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and brown on each side for about 4 minutes. Remove chicken once fully cooked and browned on both sides. Set aside.
- Add garlic and onion to skillet and sauté on medium until softened.
- Pour broth, cream, parmesan, red pepper, spinach and salt into the skillet. Mix to combine ingredients and bring to a low simmer. Simmer for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and cook in sauce for about another three minutes.
Per serving*: 450 calories; fat 31g; saturated fat 12g; cholesterol 150mg; sodium 460mg; carbohydrate 5g; fiber 1g; total sugars 1g; added sugars 0g; protein 38g; vitamin D 78%; calcium 14%DV; iron 11%DV; potassium 11%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may occur due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.