Brimming with the fresh flavors of summer, this easy pasta dish is hearty, nutritious and filling. This chicken and asparagus linguine is a perfect dinner for a senior looking to increase their caloric intake, craving a classic home cooked meal or for just looking for some nostalgic, comforting pasta.
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound of chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head asparagus, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼-½ box whole wheat linguine noodles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil, dried basil, garlic powder and salt.
- Bake in baking dish for 20 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to boil and cook noodles.
- In a sauté pan, heat remaining oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant on medium heat.
- Add asparagus and whole tomatoes to pan, stirring frequently. Cook until asparagus is tender.
- Remove chicken from oven and slice into pieces. Remove noodles from heat and strain.
- Combine all ingredients in sauté pan and toss until ingredients are fully combined.
Per serving*: 700 calories; fat 19g; saturated fat 3.6g; cholesterol 65mg; sodium 160mg; carbohydrate 97g; fiber 7g; total sugars 9g; added sugars 0g; protein 40g; calcium 3%DV; iron 42%DV; potassium 20%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may happen due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.