Looking for an easy and healthy breakfast for the senior in your life? Egg muffins are one of the easiest, most delicious options for breakfast.
As seniors age, they have the potential to lose their appetite, have muscle wasting or experience slower recovery from illness or injury. For this reason, protein-rich meals are critical to continue or improve upon an older adult’s health. These cheddar egg muffins with asparagus and tomatoes are not only rich in protein, they contain nutrients like choline, vitamin A, vitamin E and iron to help boost seniors’ nutrition.
Time: 25 minutes
- ¾ cups asparagus, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 eggs
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack eggs and whisk until mixed.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Mix until evenly combined.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!