What’s better than brownies topped with fresh fruit? How about fruit baked into the brownie? This blueberry brownie pie incorporates a blueberry raspberry purée into the batter, bringing a slight berry tang that cuts through the sweetness of the brownie perfectly. This is a perfect Labor Day dessert and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Cook time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons room-temperature butter
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put aside a small amount of each berry for topping the brownie. In a small saucepan, heat remaining berries on medium heat until melted into a sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, crack and whisk eggs for 1 minute.
- In the large bowl, add butter, sugars and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour the dry mix into the large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add water and berry mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour batter in a circular baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar and fresh berries and enjoy!
Per serving*: 130 calories; fat 3g; saturated fat 2g; cholesterol 30mg; sodium 100mg; carbohydrate 24g; fiber 1g; total sugars 17g; added sugars 17g; protein 2g; calcium 1%DV; iron 5%DV; potassium 2%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may happen due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.