These moist and easy muffins make a delicious treat or snack for people of all ages! With just a small amount of added sugar in each muffin, they rely heavily on the natural sweetness of bananas to create the delicious flavor.
Creation and clean-up for these banana nut muffins is simple—requiring just one bowl. This simple recipe is a perfect one to make for seniors as a snack or treat throughout the week!
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats
- ⅔ cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, egg, oil, sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer on medium.
- Add oats, flour, salt and baking soda, and mix until combined.
- Add walnuts and chocolate chips, and mix by hand until combined.
- Spoon dough into greased muffin tins, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Per serving*: 190 calories; fat 9g; saturated fat 1g; cholesterol 10mg; sodium 130mg; carbohydrate 24g; fiber 2g; total sugars 10g; added sugars 9g; protein 4g; calcium 1%DV; iron 6%DV; potassium 4%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may happen due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.